That Jason Reynolds. Talk about a true champion for kids. I am just loving his writing prompts and I cannot wait to use them in the classroom setting. I especially loved his Create a Special Recipe prompt from last week because I am all about creating recipes. Jason prompted us to create a recipe for a new drink that makes us feel creative or courageous. I know I certainly could consume cups of this recipe on a daily basis as it seems more days than not, my creative energy is plateauing and/or steadily declining. I am looking forward to witnessing my creative energy approach a peak in the near future. After all, nothing “gold” can stay. In the meantime, what would your recipe be?
Bulletproof Creativity Recipe
- 1 cup Self love & appreciation, brewed with flavors of positive self talk
- ¼ cup Kindness & love from friends & family
- 1 tbsp Learning new information (any flavor works!)
- 1 tbsp Hugs from loved ones (brand recommendation: the crushing, “I haven’t seen you in forever so I am going to squeeze your bones so you feel my love”-esque hugs)
- ½ tsp Smiles & laughs exchanged during quality conversations
- ½ tsp Derrick’s laughs (or more specifically, doing ridiculous stuff which makes him laugh)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender. Puree until frothy, about 15 seconds. Pour into your favorite mug. Sip and smile.